SEARCH
MORE
General Discussion

Time to talk BREWERS!!!!

3/30/02 @ 9:29 AM
INITIAL POST
Crazyotto
User since 10/2/01
Yeah I know baseball is ruined and ther Brewerw are almost as severly hampered by Princess Prieb as they are the lack of revenue sharing, but Im still excited. I am probably crazy but I think the Crew should be .500 this year and if Sheets, Wright, Quevedo, and Nuegebaur pitch up to their potential and we dont swing at everything, I think the crew can win 90 and be in the wild card race late, which is something we havent seen in a long, long time. They must finish over .500 to avoid 10 years straight of losing seasons. I think it is time for a coup to remove Princess Prieb.

Displaying 1 to 15 of 53,042 posts
TODAY @ 3:54 PM
haf2fsh
PRO MEMBER User since 6/23/01
Once again, I say who are theses guys !!  Give me a young aggressive team any day. When they need a player, just call one up from the minors, no problem.
How many more rabbits are left in the hat............. Pitching has been amazing !!
TODAY @ 3:40 PM
bobber b down
User since 1/31/04
Great win today and Series win! 10 games over 500 now( checked math) . +5 1/2 game lead in division. . Different players stepping up each game!!!  Keep er goin Crew!!!
TODAY @ 3:39 PM
kona77
User since 6/20/13
Kona.   Just how many errors did Bauers have last nite?    Some say 2 some say 1 and on B/ R they say 3.     Last night I saw 3.    

Sorry Carpio but I just listened to the game at a Charity event last night. I did see two of the plays in question on highlights and they were definitely errors in my mind.  

Was helping out a neighbor today so just saw bits/pieces of the game. Did come in to see the 8th/9th innings. How Sweet !!!!!  There was another catcher this spring in the Cactus League that was tearing the cover off the ball for the Crew and was not sure Sanchez should even make the club. I was way off base on that thought. Yeah, he will not hit for average or high On Base Percentage but he has had some big hits for the Crew.

Similar comment on Ortiz's play so far.  Once again, will admit I was not happy with the Corbin Burnes trade (timing and our return from the Orioles). The Pitcher/DL Hall really struggled but Ortiz has been solid. Great defense and he has a good avg/OPS and On-Base %.  

TODAY @ 3:21 PM
hotbait
PRO MEMBER User since 5/16/16
IT IS TIME!!! I am going to crack a beer, early, to celebrate. THANK YOU, BREWERS. My loudmouth friend will have to listen, for once. I just hope I can be a loudmouth drunk tonight!!! What a good feeling. Brews are better with the Crew! Can somebody tell me where Chicago is????      Who is Craig Counsel???       I might not have a friend after tonight. WHO CARES!  
TODAY @ 2:58 PM
jawjerker
jawjerker
User since 1/14/02
That was a GREAT win, take 3 of 4 from the Cubs. Sanchez hit the snot out of that home run ball. Adames was 7 of 15 in the series

Time to bring on the other Chicago team for hopefully bust out the brooms
TODAY @ 2:56 PM
Hunter&Hound
User since 7/24/01
That was awesome!  10 games over .500 and nobody else in the division is above .500.
TODAY @ 2:50 PM
hunt-fish-campfire-beer
hunt-fish-campfire-beer
PRO MEMBER User since 2/15/23
Everybody sing... nananana nananana hey hey good bye. Go brewer's go, go brewer's go. Hey Milwaukee what do you say the brewers won again today.  

With that cubs are officially in 3rd place   
TODAY @ 2:50 PM
glimmertwin
User since 1/18/11
Well I predicted a split, never so glad to be wrong!
Sanchez , what a time to come through!  Contreas has poor day at plate because of injury and San launches the wiinner at crunch time! 
Think we got the catcher position covered!!!!
TODAY @ 2:48 PM
Mrduck
User since 12/6/22
When do we get the bear rug? Great way to send the baby bears home!!
TODAY @ 2:46 PM
hotbait
Who won??? NO! WE BEAT THE CUBS 3 GAMES OUT OF 4!     
TODAY @ 2:33 PM
brews4995
brews4995
User since 4/2/10
A bunt looks like a better idea now
TODAY @ 12:25 PM
hotbait
Bad first inning for the Crew. Let's go CREW! I do not want to be even against the cubs. Beat the cubs.
TODAY @ 11:55 AM
Fishlove
User since 4/6/24
The Cubs definitely aren't the Royals or Astros!  
Go Brewers, finish them off!
TODAY @ 11:29 AM
glimmertwin
User since 1/18/11
I hope Murphy settled deep in your heart Kona!
Putting Ortiz in lead off was inspired. Yes there are  pitching issues but he’s no control over injurys. Murph’s got these guys believing, stealing bases, playing hard everyday. Stuff like Bauer just plain getting psyched out after error #1 yesterday is gonna happen. But check out Turangs hitting turnaround, Ortiz becoming a fielding, hitting 3rd sacker, the incredible plays by Perkins etc. And as you mentioned the whole time working with a patch work of starting pitching. Yeah it could all come tumbling down on us, but our division is ripe for taking. After todays big game( and i’m not going fishing till games over) the series with Phillies will tell us alot. 
I used to be just a casual Brewer fan but now become rabid. Murphys done that anyway haha

TODAY @ 11:28 AM
Carpio
Carpio
PRO MEMBER User since 11/5/17
Kona.   Just how many errors did Bauers have last nite?    Some say 2 some say 1 and on B/ R they say 3.     Last night I saw 3.    
Displaying 1 to 15 of 53,042 posts
Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
fishing equipped by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE