SEARCH
MORE
General Fishing Discussion

Waters and Woods

4/23/24 @ 6:14 PM
INITIAL POST
The hamburglar
User since 4/20/23

Did something happen to the old thread? Well anyways, here’s a  new jg thread. 

Displaying 1 to 12 of 12 posts
5/29/24 @ 5:45 AM
44/45
PRO MEMBER User since 3/9/11
I don't think that I ever missed a Gillespie fishing show! I can remember back in the late 80's when I got my cabin, before you leave, remember to set the VHS to I believe channel 18. Sunday night when I would get home, I would always then watch his show before going to bed. Still remember when Brett Favre caught a muskie! LOL
5/28/24 @ 1:25 PM
chitowncrappieman
chitowncrappieman
PRO MEMBER User since 3/4/06
Wow thought this thread was dead. Gillespie is still crazy but i watch the show still every Sat morning down here by me. Keep it up John,you're one of the last old time surviors of a era gone by. that i miss  and can't do it anymore. Just a suggestion if you read this. More Crappie Shows,i know the drill and can still catch them i believe with my knowledge of that fish .season,habits location where etc. Would like to see you fishing down at KY. Lake, Johnathon Creek or adjacent areas, "LAND BETWEEN THE LAKES" fond memories for me and plenty of fish caught!!
Waters and Woods photo by chitowncrappieman
5/1/24 @ 7:38 AM
jumpsteady
jumpsteady
PRO MEMBER User since 12/25/01
The area they fished on the last episode,Mississippi River, puts out some of the Biggest Saugers in the country. 
5/1/24 @ 5:42 AM
Snake1
Snake1
PRO MEMBER User since 1/22/21
Then up in northern areas of country, you have to put your boat away for 6 months. 
But, if you have the money to spend, go ahead and spend it. Be happy! 😃 
5/1/24 @ 5:17 AM
Bug zapper 2
User since 10/7/18
A kings ransom to put a few fish in the boat is insane and dont even get me started on the electronics!
4/29/24 @ 5:35 PM
Snake1
Snake1
PRO MEMBER User since 1/22/21
I would have to say a boat that goes north of $50,000 is ludicrous. I probably can’t comment on this because I have never bought a new boat in my life. Thank goodness. 
4/29/24 @ 3:16 PM
The hamburglar
User since 4/20/23
Glad he’s back to a boat that is somewhat affordable to the average guy instead of a boat that goes north of 100k. 
4/25/24 @ 6:55 PM
CMunyon
User since 5/12/16
This is his 2nd go around with Recon boats.I wonder if Petes back with them also.
4/25/24 @ 1:20 PM
Fishlovme
Fishlovme
PRO MEMBER User since 6/22/01
Yah, the timing on him switching to that other boat manufacturer was not good.  It was a Canadian company, I believe, then John couldn't even pick his boat up when the border was closed!  This is off memory though, so don't quote me.  I don't even remember the name of the boat manufacturer.  Then there's the rods....does he still use those rods that are from Florida? Man I hate sponsorships like that!  Why don't you just use what you like and hope that company picks you up as a sponsor?
4/25/24 @ 7:38 AM
Edge
User since 2/28/07
Jump, if Kohler offered him a great deal he would be in a bath tub. All about sponsorship and money.
4/25/24 @ 5:35 AM
jumpsteady
jumpsteady
PRO MEMBER User since 12/25/01
Looks like JG went back to Recon Boats.
Excellent, made in Iola Wisconsin. 
Displaying 1 to 12 of 12 posts
Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
ice drilled by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE