LAKES
REPORTS
FORUMS
TRAVEL
DEALS
SEARCH
MORE
General Discussion

Scotch whiskey related items. What are your favorites.

7/4/20 @ 8:52 PM
INITIAL POST
Bassmaster+recordeacks2
Bassmaster+recordeacks2
User since 5/14/20

This can include all whiskeys that are not bourbon. Irish, Japanese and malt whiskies. This 16 year is incredible. Very smooth. 

Scotch whiskey related items. What are your favorites. photo by Bassmaster+recordeacks2
Scotch whiskey related items. What are your favorites. photo by Bassmaster+recordeacks2
Displaying 1 to 15 of 1,843 posts
5/20/24 @ 9:41 PM
Bassmaster+recordracks 2
Bassmaster+recordracks 2
PRO MEMBER User since 7/24/20
The wild turkey rare breed barrel proof rye. This is a pretty good rye. I told you I would get back after it sat for a while. I am very happy with this bottle. It has some great aroma with apples, cinnamon , clove, and caramel. The taste has a little bit of pepper clove Caramel and cinnamon. It’s a rare bottle but if you see it, I would probably try this. It is pretty good.
Scotch whiskey related items. What are your favorites. photo by Bassmaster+recordracks 2
5/20/24 @ 9:29 PM
Bassmaster+recordracks 2
Bassmaster+recordracks 2
So some of you know that a few years ago, I posted that the Baker seven and Blantons were pretty close. That is changed in time. Of course this Blantons bottle is 93 proof and the bakers is 107 proof so that has a lot to do with it at this time, all the flavors are there but  Baker has a little bit more bite more cinnamon. This is an excellent bottle looking for someone to upgrade bourbon. I would think that anywhere from $45-$55 range is achievable. 
Scotch whiskey related items. What are your favorites. photo by Bassmaster+recordracks 2
5/20/24 @ 8:37 PM
Bassmaster+recordracks 2
Bassmaster+recordracks 2
The swing bottle from Johnny Walker. 80 proof. Around $50-$55 is a good deal for this bottle. Like a lot of blended scotches and has a lot of flavor. There was a lot to offer in this bottle especially this one that has been sitting for a while. The taste has some floral, butterscotch, honey, vanilla, salt and smoke. It’s been sitting for quite some time now and taste different than the last time. A pour of this fairly decent bottle is  for you that like smoke. But it is not overwhelming. Greatest thing about this bottle is you can hit it. It will not fall down. It is made to drink in a ship and rocks.
5/20/24 @ 8:10 PM
Bassmaster+recordracks 2
Bassmaster+recordracks 2
Having some EH Taylor, small batch and then single barrel. Actually the small batch bottle may be better than a single barrel. I’m trying right now. They are both excellent though.
5/20/24 @ 6:30 PM
glimmertwin
User since 1/18/11
GLENGLASSAUGH REVIVAL
 Highland SM SCOTCH WHISKEY 92 PROOF $49.99 @ Woodmans
a change from the Islay pours I've been enjoying of late. No smoke, no peat
Actually was glad it was cloudy day, so i could finally uncork!
Classy bottle, big lip easy (over) pour.
First scent of sooo many exploding aromas-yet can only pin down caramel/honey.
Not for taste of honey mind you, but this one stays on the pallet (pleasantly) forever...
First two ounce pour over two standard cubes, tastes strong, even though 92 ain't a real lot o proof.
Creamy, optinal word here. Bottle says it, I agree. "This is a complex cohesion of fruit, cherries, chocolate,
sherry and soft spiced oak"...  I do get the delicious toffee scent-Highlands gives one a "happy vibe"
The romance these bottles have by throwing all things 'Isle of Scotland" at you-"Moray Firth Coast off
Sandend bay" just makes the jargon settle your soul for a meaningful, epic taste of all things "Kilted"
 and "Sherlock".  Blow those bagpipes and party at the pub!  Sheath the sword and sing along. 
Still this one an easy drinker, could enjoy neat, on lots or little rocks. Think all would enjoy, and I will definitely purchase again. Honestly the more different Scotches I try, the less plain whiskeys/bourbons I desire.
Know i will take hits for last comment, H e l l  the bottles i buy are just the tip of an Ice berg - but feel that should my ship ever really come in - the Single Malt world will acquire another devotee whose taste unsatiable. 
Scotch whiskey related items. What are your favorites. photo by glimmertwin
5/20/24 @ 10:49 AM
Bassmaster+recordracks 2
Bassmaster+recordracks 2
I am glad you guys are posting and starting to try some different whiskeys.
5/20/24 @ 9:46 AM
vegas492
vegas492
User since 5/21/03
I saw a lot of McKenna 10 year this weekend.  $53.  Bought two bottles, one for me, one for my friend who has a birthday soon.
As stated before....it is similar in taste to Stagg (Jr).  Stagg just has a little "more" of everything.  It is a very heavy, dark colored bourbon.  Full of flavor, little sweet, little sour.  I find it best over a brick of ice.

I very much prefer McKenna to Blantons, but to each their own.  I used to hunt those Blantons bottles down, but I have enough and as my collection has grown, those Blantons bottles are more or less trade bottles now.
5/19/24 @ 8:59 PM
Holy Crappie
Holy Crappie
User since 7/13/21
Picked up a store pick  of Starlight Bourbon finished in maple syrup barrel . Was skeptical it might be too sweet and overpowering. They did a masterful job of leaving just a smooth hint of maple with the finish.  115 proof but a smooth and calm whiskey.
Scotch whiskey related items. What are your favorites. photo by Holy Crappie
5/18/24 @ 9:14 PM
Bassmaster+recordracks 2
Bassmaster+recordracks 2
The McCallan a night on earth, the journey tasting notes.Nose is of honey and lemon. 
Taste is of vanilla, honey , breakfast cereal
and nutmeg.
5/18/24 @ 8:05 PM
Bassmaster+recordracks 2
Bassmaster+recordracks 2
This bottle of Blantons is very good. It has raisin cinnamon, toffee, butterscotch, and brown sugar.
5/18/24 @ 4:37 PM
ten4
User since 3/22/14
I haven’t posted for quite some time.  The hunt for allocated stuff has gotten a bit old, though I still hunt from time to time.  Recently I’ve fallen into a few good bottles, an Evan Williams 23, which I snagged in KY, and a Willett 11 year bourbon, which was local.  

While in KY I passed on a bunch of Mckenna 10.  Prices are just too high for average whiskey.  I also got to meet and talk with Jimmy Russell at wild turkey. He even signed a bottle of rare breed for me.

Scotch whiskey related items. What are your favorites. photo by ten4
Scotch whiskey related items. What are your favorites. photo by ten4
5/18/24 @ 4:17 PM
Bassmaster+recordracks 2
Bassmaster+recordracks 2
Good on ice
5/18/24 @ 4:01 PM
Bassmaster+recordracks 2
Bassmaster+recordracks 2
The blackberry crown royal. A very sought after bottle. Taking the nation by storm. The aroma is magnificent. The smell of blackberries of course the taste has blackberry as well. Surprisingly for a crown royal it is pretty good. It’s a little on a suite side and could be very dangerous for some it taste like that wild very high sea with a little bit of blackberry syrup Flavor. It is quite delicious. Doesn’t really taste like a whiskey, though. They claim no sugars and no carbs.
5/17/24 @ 9:25 PM
Bassmaster+recordracks 2
Bassmaster+recordracks 2
Glad you enjoy Snagger. Glad you found one! If you need another, we can always hook up.
5/17/24 @ 5:22 PM
snagger54
snagger54
PRO MEMBER User since 2/9/14
Vegas 492 , I'm just starting to learn my bourbon whiskeys . BMRR turn me on to this McKenna bourbon whiskey. It's one of those I could drink all day. When you open the bottle you get this fruity smell. Very smooth 
You can taste it's been in a barrel. It's hard for me to describe the taste because I had throat cancer in it ruined a lot of my taste buds . But I can tell you this is one of my favorites. Thank you BMRR !
Displaying 1 to 15 of 1,843 posts

HUMMINBIRD - Humminbird MEGA Live Imaging
Humminbird MEGA Live Imaging
It's showtime. We've expanded the performance of our MEGA Imaging®? technology with the introduction of MEGA Live Imaging™?. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: HUMMINBIRD - Humminbird MEGA Live Imaging Advertisement

MINN KOTA - UPGRADED Ulterra and Terrova
UPGRADED Ulterra and Terrova
The Ulterra® and Terrova® are newly upgraded to keep you at the top of your game and always in the thick of it. More maneuvers. More capabilities. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: MINN KOTA - UPGRADED Ulterra and Terrova Advertisement

Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
fish seduced by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE